topbella

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Lime Crime Lipstick Review: Glamour 101

I've been wanting to buy a new deep colored red lipstick and was torn between MAC's Ruby Woo or Lime Crime's Glamour 101. Since MAC is readily available here in the Philippines I opted for Lime Crime's Glamour 101 and I love it.


The color was just the perfect dark red I was looking for! It's definitely a very strong red color. Very Marilyn Monroe and very vintage. 


This makes a really great everyday red lipstick to wear. It's really creamy just like most if not all Lime Crime lipsticks. You can actually wear this the whole day without re-applying. Mine lasted the whole day even when I ate or drank anything! It was really great! The texture itself is comfortable to wear and not heavy on the lips. They kept my lips moisturized but not too much to wrinkle my lips. 


This was taken with FLASH and the color doesn't change too much right? It's almost the same color as the ones without the flash. Another good thing about this lipstick is that it doesn't smudge as much as other creamy lipsticks do. Once it slightly comes off you can just re-apply and it will be as gorgeous as the first time you applied it. 


Once dabbed with tissue it becomes matte and I also like the effect it has on my lips. It's still red without the shine. I also like the softness of my lips when I remove the product. It leaves a hint of color like a soft blush on your lips making it look kissable. The only con I can remark this lipstick with is that when you put too much it bleeds into the cracks of your skin around the lips. That means in order to prevent this from occurring you need to put liner before every application which can sometimes be time consuming. 


However, I think this is a fantastic lipstick. Since I'm a medical student I always wear white and the only part of my body I can express myself with is my makeup. I particularly wear this color often especially during my Exam week when lack of sleep leave me colorless and pale. This is my go to color when I need a boost in the mornings. I love it!

Overall I would rate this: 

If you want to purchase your very own Lime Crime Lippy please visit:
thebeautyjunkieph on INSTAGRAM
for P800

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Get to know ME!